Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Artist

I am sad to finally write this blog about the death of one of the most talented designer of our time Alexander McQueen. A few days after I wrote about his mesmerizing designs in my blog, McQueen was found dead in his apartment in London.

The details of his death have been written about by many and I do not want my focus to be about his death or his private life. I have searched the Internet to find my favorite creations by McQueen and I want to make his work the highlight of this blog.




Alexander McQueen is a true artist, his designs are more than just clothing, they are art pieces. He redefined beauty many times, it seemed he had an endless supply of beautiful.





The way his designs move, drape and form exude confidence. He has won many awards for his work.

He was the youngest person to win the title "British Designer of the Year" three times. He drew his inspiration from architecture, futuristic thoughts, fantasy, reality, and most of all he was inspired by his own imagination.



He is known to push the limits of design, he had an imagination that knew no bounds. That is why I like him. I want to see clothing in a different light, structure, form, function, dimension and McQueen has given us a new way of looking at fashion.






I think that ultimately he was an artist who was extremely gifted. After his death he will still be known as the Artist because his work speak for themselves. ~Mahlet











1 comment:

  1. I really like your point of view on fashion and design.

    ReplyDelete